Friday 29 April 2011

Move on, move on, no royal wedding to see here

The Stage reviews Alexander McCall Smith's opera, The New Statesman has an exclusive short story, and Seattle Pi reviews THE DOUBLE COMFORT SAFARI CLUB.

Metro Pulse reviews Kate Atkinson's STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG.

The Encyclopaedia Britannica blog wishes Ian Rankin a happy birthday.

Congratulations to Val McDermid - to be honoured at the 23rd Lambda Literary Awards.

Russel McLean over at My Book, The Movie talking about THE LOST SISTER.

An interview with Gordon Ferris.

And, finally, a weekend treat - the new issue of Plots With Guns. I've only read one of the stories so far - Luke Nineteen Twenty-Seven. I came to the conclusion some time ago that Jimmy Callaway is a genius. Now I think Cameron Ashley is one too. Brilliant stuff. Have a lovely weekend, Dear Reader.

2 comments:

  1. You too, Donna.

    All organised for Bristol Crimefest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael - am busy reading (and re-reading) the books of my panellists so I can try and come up with some half-decent questions!

    ReplyDelete