Wednesday 11 August 2010

Not Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

I have an internet connection problem at home so am unable to post from home, can't get my e-mail and, therefore, cannot get my google alerts, so this is a very truncated teeny tiny postette. And if you've sent me an e-mail, please bear with me - I'm not ignoring you!

A couple of news items only then. Maybe I should write them in bigger text so that it looks meatier than it is...

First of all, a review of the marvellous Year Of Open Doors (short stories but not crime fiction related on the whole) .

Bad news - Edinburgh Festival facing budget cuts. Good news - new publishing, literacy and writers' centre planned for Edinburgh.

the CWA Dagger shortlists appear to have been...errrr...shortened. Congratulations to Karen Campbell for making the itsy bitsy teeny weeny shortlist with the marvellous SHADOWPLAY. And here's more about the nominees. Craig Robertson, unfortunately, didn't make the cut, but he's philosophical.

And, finally, an interesting article in the Guardian on writers as performers.

3 comments:

  1. Donna - Thanks for this update. I'm sorry to hear about your internet connection problems; I hope it's all straightened up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are a bit unconnected ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now back in the land of the living!

    ReplyDelete