Friday 16 April 2010

Sunshine, Music and Crime

I'm off to see the wonderful Black Rebel Motorcycle Club tonight so I'm sitting listening to their new album Beat The Devil's Tattoo as I write this post. It's lovely and sunny, it's the weekend and the lovely Bookwitch and the charming Rob Kitchin have been inordinately kind about OLD DOGS. Life is very good. (And, don't worry Mum, I shan't get big-headed - I will make sure and post the negative reviews I get :o) )

M M Adjarian in Boston's Edge reviews Denise Mina's STILL MIDNIGHT. The Chicago Sun-Times reviews Philip Kerr's IF THE DEAD RISE NOT. And the Irish Independent with a double-header of Alexander McCall Smith reviews. Powered by Books reviews M C Beaton's AGATHA RAISIN AND THE POTTED GARDENER.

And, talking of M C Beaton, apparently the experience of Hamish McBeth on TV was not a good one. And she will be at Sleuths: English Riviera Festival of Crime and Thriller Writing in Torbay, Devon between 20th and 25th April.

And if you're in Edinburgh on 23rd April, you may fancy the Quintin Jardine Walking Tour. And why not stay around and help Ian Rankin celebrate his birthday on April 27th at Edinburgh Central Library.

Further afield, Alexander McCall Smith is in New York on 20th April.

And Iain Banks is appearing at the Dundee Literary Festival in June (although I do have to say that it's the appearance of Nick Cave that sets my heart beating.

This is not crime fiction, or even fiction, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Martin Hannan in The Scotsman with a sobering look at Edinburgh's real life crime.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Ian Rankin ... http://www.sixwordstories.net/2010/04/armageddon-imminent-make-list-tick-most/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it the cheque's in the post?

    ReplyDelete