Tuesday 15 September 2009

Fever, Festivals and Flicking The Viccies

Yet more reviews of Val McDermid's FEVER OF THE BONE. And in one of them, Maxine Clarke talks about joining the new social networking site RigMarole, described in the book.

And here's Val talking about her similarities to Agatha Christie

A write up of Alexander McCall Smith's event at the Edinburgh book festival.

Aly Monroe with an interesting blog post on the language of character.

Iain Banks talks about TRANSITION, drugs and flicking the viccies at Ian Rankin.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I feel as if I have arrived.
    I have Aly Monroe's first book on my shelf to read, after meeting her at Crime Fest 2009 and very much liking what she had to say in the sessions. (Book courtesy of Karen M of Euro Crime). Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed the Aly Monroe trail back to the The Fiction Desk and was pleasantly surprised to find myself almost completely in agreement with the review.
    Do read the book Maxine I would be interested in your opinion. This is a case of a book that was marketed as a thriller but really should not have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maxine and Norm (and LOL Maxine!) I also met her at Crimefest and found her an interesting and really nice person. I am also going to read it - the book sounds fascinating. I think my Dad will like it too, so I will get a couple of copies and get him to review it too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you going to read iain banks try his early stuff first maybe crow road or espedair street for instance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks PP! The Crow Road is great - I've not read Espedair Street.

    ReplyDelete